If you’re just looking for some editing experience for a few months, to add to your CV, please do not apply. We need someone who wants to become a part of the family, who is keen to stick around for the long haul, to help us succeed in our mission: to give the vignette, a hopelessly forgotten literary form, the exposure and credit it deserves.
Do you want to make history with us? We plan to be around for a very long time.
This is what we would expect from you:
- Read and evaluate 100 prose submissions per submission period through our online submissions manager, create a shortlist of submissions, and supply feedback on at least 10% that did not make your cut. (Note: prose word limit is 800, but they are usually much shorter.)
- Read and evaluate all Annual Vignette Collection Award entries.
- Proofread the designed issues, and the annual anthology, for formatting and typesetting errors before they go to press.
- Be reliable and excellent at working to strict deadlines.
- Be computer literate.
- Have a Facebook and Twitter account with which you will use to help promote the quarterly journal, the craft blog, the review blog, and any other important journal announcements.
This is a volunteer position. All staff at Vine Leaves are volunteers. You will need a spare 10–15 hours (approx) per month to fulfil the role.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, please email us with your CV. In addition, explain in the body of your email why you believe you would be an asset to the journal.
Applications close on Sunday, June 15, 2015.
We welcome all applicants, but seeing as we are overflowing with breasts and vaginas, we'd love some testosterone to balance the scales.