We want to thank all who submitted their work, supported and spread the word about the journal, helped to promote the journal, and donated to try and keep us afloat. We also thank all of you who read the journal. YOU made this experience an experience to remember for ever. And without the journal, Vine Leaves Press wouldn't have been born. So it's not all getting sucked below the waves.
Submissions are now open for Issue #19, and will be until February 28, 2017.
You'll notice that we are charging a token submission fee (only $5 AUD) this time, to help lighten the financial load, which is the reason for our departure. We hope that you understand, and will submit your work despite the small fee. It is, after all, the first and last time you will have to pay. We dearly hope that you can consider this fee as a small gesture of appreciation for all the concentrated hours Vine Leaves volunteers have put in for sake of the vignette and in support of the vast array of writers and artists we've published since we launched in 2011.
We will be accepting all work that we adore without being restricted by page count. The issue will be as long as it needs to be so that it is packed with as much talent and vignette goodness as possible for our big farewell.
Some details you may be wondering about:
1) The journal website will remain online for people to read and purchase until the page-view numbers become so low that it's not worth keeping it up. At that stage, all past contributors will be contacted to see if they would like to purchase hard copies before they become out-of-print. PDF copies may be downloadable for free via vineleavespress.com indefinitely. That is yet to be decided.
2) Vine Leaves Press is going strong. Please don't freak out. It's not going anywhere. We intend to publish books for many years to come. We have a publication schedule already planned right up until the beginning of 2018.
3) Our blogs, Sampling the Wine, and The Artist Unleashed, are here to stay. They will eventually be linked via vineleavespress.com.
4) The Vine Leaves Vignette Collection Award is also here to stay. It will just be facilitated through the Vine Leaves Press website only.
5) The newsletter is here to stay too. But it will focus on books and writing advice. Please do stay subscribed as we always offer our subscribers free review copies of new releases, and other cool benefits and gifts.
Thank you for reading and for contributing your work over the past five years. Please spread this news far and wide. Let's make Vine Leaves Literary Journal Issue #19 ROCK THE UNIVERSE.